Thursday, December 9, 2010

Single me on single me

Well I gave my single self a moment of silence (not a word friends) to take a look at me, well single me that is. Amazing what you can find out about yourself when you step back and take a good long look at your life and how it REALLY has progressed or transgressed. The latter of which is a bit harder to admit. So single me on me, where do I begin.

 I really have not a lot of points of reference under my skirt, but I was able to find faults and positives in myself through past review. For instance, my greatest joy in life is the creation of smiles. In most eyes, this is a big plus, but (yes there is a but) it also has a fault. The fault being, I tended to forget to create smiles for me. I would forget me completely in the happiness department, as long as he was smiling and happy all was good in life. The happiness of others should never come at the cost of our own happiness. So wow, what an initial awakening for me. I need that smile as much as he does.

Next, big positive to me, not so much for him.  Independence and ability to stand on my own. Guys may say they like it, but looking back, I think in a way they really like to be needed. Not to the point of us being incapable of doing anything without them, but the basics like "Honey, could you carry this in for me?" or the lovely Honey-do list is a great way to say I love you and need you. They may complain to their buddies, but they love it. Needing someone and being needy are two completely different things here ladies, so be careful how far you go with this.

My greatest discovery is with all my faults and believe me I have more, there really are some positives too. I am capable of loving with no restraint and I am confident in who I am both inside and out. I may be single me, but one day single him will come along that is a perfect fit for single me. Until then, I am okay with single me and I will live, laugh and do it again.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo comfortable being single me ~ perfectly lonely. I am glad you are too. It feels great to be able to do for myself but I love having a man pamper me. Your right, single him will come along for us and look out world when he does!!

    ReplyDelete