Saturday, October 9, 2010

Finding my kind of perfect

Hello all, single me here. I have really had a rough couple days, dealing with myself. I will get to all that later. For now lets talk about "Finding my kind of perfect". Perfect, wow, such a small word to have such a powerful meaning. Do we ever really know what it is or where to find it? No, we don't and because of that, we miss our kind of perfect. Especially in the kind of my heart skips a bit every time I see you kind of perfect. We even miss the kind of perfect peace that we find as we lay our heads on their shoulder and breath in the warmth of them all around us.

I found my kind of perfect in a smile, not my own, but the one staring back at me when I would make him laugh. I found my kind of perfect in his eyes and the way he would look at me as if he were trying to hear my thoughts. I found my kind of perfect in a soft kiss that came and went so fast it seemed that I could not help but want more. And I found my kind of perfect in late night phone calls that could have went for hours but he would say softly, you need to sleep. You see I opened my eyes to not what my mind was thinking perfect was, but what my heart felt perfectly.  I never expected to be here and I don't even know where here is. This is where my statement "When it comes to matters of the heart, it does not matter", because nothing we do or say controls the heart and feeling that perfect. It can't be faked or made up or even manipulated, it simply has to be felt.

This is where I am and this is why I had to deal with myself, because I could go on for days about all the things I have learned from my world about guys and matters of the heart, but none of it can help me now. I am scared to death of how I am feeling right now and don't know how to deal with it. My kind of perfect is right in front of me and there is nothing I can do or say to make me his kind of perfect. Regardless of what happens tonight or tomorrow or any day after, at least I got the chance to feel my kind of perfect.

Live, laugh and do it again.

3 comments:

  1. uhm... i think i cried a little reading this... you put it into words what most eems to struggle saying. it is true, when your kind of perfect is right in front of you but you are not there's. little did i know this happens to just about all of us, when nothing mattered but those few moments when they opened your eyes to things you've never seen and opened yur heart to a world that you have heard of and never really understood or been there till then... the "ahh" moment... thats when you truly ave to stop take a breath and come to tearms with your head and heart... yu find that, the four letter word is happening to you... LOVE can be good and completly unpredictible. Live laugh love it.. and do it again. thats a really good moto youve got goin. Your heart will heal i promise, it does take time but i will soon feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are already perfect Raquel, and it sounds like he sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not for him, I had to let go. He is still my perfect and I won't forget it either. Now I can only hope perfect finds me again some day.

    ReplyDelete